Saturday 23 July 2011

Hilarious or Delirious?

For your information the skirt looked fabulous! I wore it during my first week in the new job and I felt amazing. Fearne Cotton you do me proud!

Well, I finally feel like I am on the right path to careerdom! So I've taken a slightly different route to my original plan, but if I get the most from this secondment, I am hoping I will have the experience to get me anywhere! I'm thinking if I can launch a trade store successfully within the M25, I can launch a new Topshop state side! Phillip Green I am talking to you!

I cannot believe that today is a Saturday and I am awake at this ungodly hour! Not impressed. Truth be told, I have been up since the boyfriend left for work at half 5. What is wrong with me?

The truth of it is that I have not been feeling well at all for the past couple of days. The boyfriend thinks I have dysentry, I'm just impressed he knew such a big word, especially after he told me he was "ambistuous"! I will tell you now that the word he was looking for was ambidextrous, as he proudly demonstrated he could hammer a nail with either hand. Whatever bug it was that made me violently vomit the teeniest sip of water, it made me sleep forever so, now that I am feeling better, I no longer need sleep.

The benefit from me being so well slept, is that yes, I have had lots of beauty sleep so am radiant as ever in my pink dressing gown, but more importantly, I am on the ball when it comes to wit (well so I think).

For example, I am talking to a friend via the book of face and mention that I am contemplating going on a run to sweat out the bad toxins left in my body, he replies that it is wiser for me to do a walk instead as I don't want to exhaust myself if I have been ill. Now, here comes the moment when I realise that I am a comedy genius.....

"Yeah, you're right, I don't want to run before I can walk!"

Pauses for laughter and much side splitting!


A teeny glimpse of the only complete
room of my home. My dressing room!
 Now that I have a man, the beginning of a career, and somewhere to live, it is time for me to dive head first into the project of making this house a home. It is no longer a hole for boys to live, but shall be fit for a princess, and not just any princess like that Kate Middleton, no, it must be suitable for ME.

Checklist for completion is as follows. Shared bedroom needs lighting, pictures for the walls and maybe a new duvet. Kitchen just needs a new floor. Lounge, as previously mentioned, needs a lick of paint (colour now decided is 'Gooseberry Fool 3', I feel it is apt for the boy who resides there playing Champ Man), a telly unit, a coffe table, lamps, a picture for the wall and a rug. The bathroom? Burn it!

Before I can take my bag for life down to Ikea though, we have the expenditures of annual MOTs for the car and the cats.

One of the 500,000 pictures I took on
the date of destruction! *Sobs a lot*
I don't know if you're aware, but I recently scrapped my first car. My only car. Yes, that car has seen me through many milestones. It was there for my 18th, my 21st, all through uni, when I moved to Henstridge from the house that I grew up in, it drove me to my first date with the boyfriend, and it spent its last months parked outside the house I now live in with that boyfriend. Needless to say, there were tears. From half past one in the afternoon when I cleared my posessions out of her, until five o'clock when I had to put my friend's needs above my loss. I learnt the boyfriend is fond of when I cry as it shows that I am sentimental and girly (apparently), but is harbouring not so secret concerns about the day when someone dies and the tears won't stop and I am inconsolable (new tupperware will not make me crawl from that kind of hysteria).


Speaking of terrible loss, my friend informed me a couple of weeks ago that her family dog passed away. The boyfriend was at work when I received the news, so was not present when I cried over that one. She lovingly felt the need to tell me after seeing the shock I was in when our other friend's dog had passed while I was at uni. Honest to Topshop I was left open mouthed that day.


I returned from uni and visited Mele, one of her dogs was happily yapping around my feet and I asked the question "Where's Pip?" The answer left me stunned and somewhat tearful.


This is the only problem with dogs, they become such a part of the family that they leave such a hole when they go (and not just in the garden) they cannot be replaced. I remember when I first met Jet (the doggy that passed recently), my best friend's dad had this adroable black puppy in his arms as he came to collect Laura from Brownies.


This is what they don't tell you! They say "A dog is for life, not just for Christmas". They fail to say that it is the dog's life and not yours. It is extremely misleading. However, I have now decided that if I am this emotional when pets of my friends go to heaven, I no longer want one. The boyfriend will be delighted that the answer to "What do you want for Christmas/Birthday/Valentines Day/Easter/tea? ?" The answer will no longer be a puppy, that response is truly me saying "I would like 15 years of happiness and then another 15 years of an extreme feeling of loss!"

I have the boyfriend's cats to make me feel loved and they truly do. Nigel follows me around the house constantly and Dave chews my hair whilst I am asleep! That is unconditional love right there! 

Please note that the images your eyes are marvelling today, have been made possible by Ottis. Thanks for the compatible camera cable (now repeat that quickly three times, it's challenging and fun).

Enjoy 



No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be ab fab to hear what you guys think. Even if it's in disagreement to anything I say (although you must be made aware that you're wrong).

Just an acknowledgement that you read these so I know they're not being lost in the void of interweb to be eaten by the hungry spiders who roam there.

Hugs xxx