Friday 8 July 2011

Lost in Transit

Just three more days until I start the new job. Excited? Yes. Nervous? Hell yes. Prepared? As I'm ever gonna be.

The prospect of starting this new job is so exciting to me, yet I am terrified as I need to prove myself in this position as I never have in a job before. Honestly, every job I have had, since my very first one at the tender age of 15 in a cheese/sandwich shop, all I have needed is good customer service. Well, in eight short years of working these various customer related jobs, I think I have mastered it, though, as I have said before, my skill for accessorising, perhaps made me most suited to the role at Wallis, rather than perhaps my role at Tesco (any food produce advice given, would have been highly uninformed). This new job? Daunting!

I have however, already decided on various first day outfits to wear, weather depending. First impressions are everything, and although I am fond of my neon yellow mini skirt, especially since I caught the sun on my legs, I don't think it is appropriate for Head Office.

I am however mourning the loss of a mail ordered skirt. When my mother lovingly ordered me brand new crockery for my beautifully coordinated kitchen, she also ordered me a beautiful maxi skirt (intended for work wear to make my new colleagues see me as a fashion forward professional). The crockery arrived promptly and in tact, the skirt however remains in a black hole somewhere as, when my mother chased its whereabouts, she was told it was delivered with the dinner wear. Dang it, this entire time I have been using my beautiful skirt as a cereal bowl, I think not! When she states that we never received it and wish to be sent another, it is now OUT OF STOCK! Not pleased. Mum referred to the driver as a tea leaf (crazy cockney). When
I saw him I could not imagine him in a pink and grey skirt, but his wife may be a very happy lady. I just hope that it is too small for her and cuts into her muffin tops! Bitter? Me? Of course not.

In other news, last Friday was an occasion to celebrate. I have officially been in a relationship for an entire year! That's right, I have tamed the self-proclaimed 'Lone Wolf' and to celebrate we took a trip to Alton Towers. Romantic right? It was immense! Except for the 4.15 early rise and the effort and care that went into making me photo ready at that time of the morning, it was an enjoyable trip. We did it all, starting at universal fave Nemesis and ending on creepy, nausea encouraging Hex, it was a long day, mostly sunny with brief showers (some not meteorically induced, thanks v. much log flume!).

What does one wear to a Theme Park for the day? This was a difficult one as I was awake before the weather so I had to dress for various instances. I settled for skinny leg chinos, teamed with a black vest top with a loose fitting denim shirt over the top to take off the chill, but easily bundled into a bag if the sun became tan worthy. My first error in getting ready for the day? Flip flops. Being dragged backwards on Air causes intense pressure on your toes as you squeeze them tightly together to keep your ill advised footwear choice on your feet. My second error? Hairspray. I now sport a hairstyle which requires daily upkeep and large amounts of hair products to keep it voluminous and lustrous. That cursed log flume lead to me being soaked and the spray in my hair drying in a rather crunchy manner making me looking like an elderly lady with far too much hair lacquer upon my bonce! Not happy.

Luckily for me, the photographic evidence of this outrageous hair disaster is trapped on the camera. It has become apparent to me that I must not lend things to my boyfriend as they never return complete. Yes his original intentions were lovely, I absolutely adored receiving a picture of the two of us complete in a frame for my birthday back in February, however, in developing the photos from MY camera, the connection lead must have ende up int same black hole as my skirt, as I have not developed a photo since.

After impressing everyone in my new job, my next project is the lounge. The kitchen floor is on stand by and the new carpet for the stairs is in storage. I have big ideas for the lounge, starting with a delightful carpet and a fresh lick of paint to the boring magnolia walls. I know my colour choice for the walls, though am torn between 'Wooden Spoon' and 'Highland Falls 3', I have not yet decided on accents. I am finding that this is proving difficult as the boyfriend will not decide on what kind of wood he would like the new telly unit and coffee table to be. Needless to say, I am not a fan of the current pine TV unit we have. It has a glass panel in the front so all technology can be seen in it's tangled wiry mess, and it is a dated Orange pine that is highly varnished. I will forgive his dated tastes though as he is five entire years older than me and does not have my natural panache for the interior design.

What I need is to receive my first slightly increased pay check so that I can say "My money, my design". He is still warming to the kitchen which has been transformed from yellow to tasteful shades of teal and lime green to match his already present tiles. I am nothing if accommodating, the whole principle of my lounge is based around the tones of his sofas (which are the second best thing that already existed at his house, first best thing is obviously the boyfriend).

On that slightly sickeningly smitten note, I will bid adieu and continue perusing the Internet for beautifully cheap lounge furniture.

*before hitting the 'Publish Post' button, I was interrupted by the boyfriends mate collecting a decorating pole, which had remained unnoticed for the last three hours since I arrived home. As I answered the door to him he commented "You've got a parcel or something lodged in the hedge there," I look on in astonishment. The elusive skirt had indeed been lodged in the hedge at the side of our footpath for almost two weeks. Once again, I am unobservant. Now to go and try it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be ab fab to hear what you guys think. Even if it's in disagreement to anything I say (although you must be made aware that you're wrong).

Just an acknowledgement that you read these so I know they're not being lost in the void of interweb to be eaten by the hungry spiders who roam there.

Hugs xxx